86% of retail CFD accounts lose money. Shoulder-fired and gas-operated, the K2 is capable of firing both 5.5645mm NATO and .223 Remington ammunition; however, using .223 Remington is only recommended for practicing for short distance. The bolt carrier features a wide bearing surface at the rear of the receiver to reduce the effect of carrier tilt. These are quite unusual- I'm not aware of any local forces using the K2 rifle unless anyone can enlighten me. Sure. The K2's forearm, grip, and stock is built of tough polymer. Worth it. account day-to-day movements in market value compared to a companys liability structure. The bolt and piston assembly are familiar having hints of AK-47 and being very much stoner designed at the same time. I guess I feel less bad about beating on a dr200. Oh, yes, the fact that some nitwits try to make everyone picture-perfect by getting rid of all potential murder weapons. or Best Offer. MAX II) rifle that you dont see very often. [6], By 1982, the final prototype model XB-7C (XK2) was completed, and small amount was handed for field tests. This is an original K2 rifle. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. One thing to point out is that the muzzle is bare. The Others business division operates hotel and engages in leasing business. I had multiple failures to eject before I moved the gas setting from S (small) to M (medium) and managed to shoot a few rounds on semi before it converted to a bolt action rifle. Absolute Co-Witness . My Daewoo K2 shoots great,accuracy is 1 MOA, 18 inch 1/7 twist barrel, folding stock, takes standard AR mags and is not a DI converted to a piston as many have done. Add to Cart. Its acceptable accuracy, but its not as accurate a rifle as the M16 series. The Woos factory trigger was quite clean, breaking at what I estimate to be 6-8 lbs. The DR200 does not have that knuckle and K2 stocks are very hard to find. Once the initial requirements had been met, the company developed its design. Does it compare to our M16/M4 counterpart? The length of the original stock is to long for me. They showed both the pre-ban Max II and the post-ban DR-200. Let's check it out. [9] In 2018, The New K2C-1 variant was renamed K2C CQB. Add spring and roll pin. The barrel used 1:12 inch rifling to fire M193 rounds, as during its development there were no plans to adopt SS109 ammunition in the South Korean army. Lets hit the range. Under such influences, South Korea felt it necessary to be able to control their own basic weapon needs. I'll even pay to have the ACE buttstock modified to your desired length. Those horrible little cars are Chevrolets now. How do you do a review on a k~2 and use a dr~200. MAX II) rifle that you don't see very often. Add to Cart. It must be noted that the 3 rounds burst counter does not reset itself if trigger is released before all 3 rounds are fired. C39V2-AR Stock Adapter Type 1. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Shareholder percentage totals can add to more than 100% because some holders are included in the free float. *Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. When I converted the rifle from imported to domestic status, I had to replace several components with US-made equipment. The bolt carrier group is based off that of the M16, but the gas operating system is derived from the AK 's long stroke gas piston system. I adjusted the gas down a notch and recoil became a bit tamer, but still perceptibly more than an AR. I have had custom firing pins made for my DR-200 so small items like that can be sourced from a competent smith. Dont know why I waited so long. Estimated Value *Using 80% condition for calculating used Values. The controls from the AR are all present and accounted for save for the charging handle position. Daewoo K1 Wire Stock *Very Good* $192.00. Trick out or upgrade your firearm with the largest gun parts selection at eBay.com. Unlike that of the FN FAL, its not under spring tension; if not turned to a locked position, it will just sit there until the next round. F Back to the factory. S&T Motiv Defense Products catalog IDEX 2017, page 4. One 20-round magazine is included. B Requires corrective manipulation. It cycles from fire to safe with heavy grit and is out of reach of all but Shaq Oneal. When personnel from the South Korean army special command were invited to see the XB-series prototypes, they requested the development of a new submachine gun to quickly replace a series of different weapons in their use. Get our new posts sent right to your email! I do not remember ever handling or seeing a K1 or K2 with a three-round burst feature on it. GM bought Daewoo Automotive. Geopolitical considerations played a factor, as the Nixon Doctrine and Carter administration's use of the U.S. military presence on the Korean peninsula as leverage to force change against South Korea's human rights practices. This mount interfaces with the Burris FastFire and Vortex Venom Red Dot. Reliability: A Shoots through mud and grime no attention needed. Add to Compare. D 3.1-4 MOA. This rifle is assembled from M16 structural elements. Vintage Thumbhole Butt Stock Hunting Sporting Rifle Daewoo. The latter had its ugly thumbhole stock replaced with a regular AR stock and the Stormworkz adapter. I sighted in at 25 yards to sight in with a standard battle sight zero. Searched the google, but cannot find removed tube. The sights are adjustable for typical battlefield distances. Add to Compare. The K2 does not have that deficiency. Nov 27, 2022. Same for the gas tube, as it is a simple component. PC government? The hand-guards are a clam-shell plastic with a built-in heat shield. In this case, the Korean small arms industry built an amalgam of aluminum, steel, Stoner, and Kalashnikov to produce a hellacious fighting rifle. I sighted in and went down two clicks on the elevation, but I have no idea if thats the operating procedure for the Koreans Targets between 0-200 will require hold under. In 2014, an upgraded K2 rifle, the K2C1 was introduced, and the South Korean Army performed field tests which were successful. Reference: A bench rest gun. The ability to add an optic rail redeemsthe woo as adding optics will enhance shooter precision. The K2 has an integrated knuckle built into the receiver and on the stock itself. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Quite a few countries ban at least the sales and in some cases also the ownership of automatic pocket knives, i.e. There are simply more variables present than the AR15s pipe and gas tube setup. The lawmakers have watched too many ninja movies! The mud I am working with is pure clay and the water becomes saturated with particulate when disturbed. 3105 North Stone AvenueColorado Springs, CO 80907. I think the Elevation Dial reads, 25 as in 250 meters. The lower receiver on the k2 is different, part of the folding stock is built into it. I like to swap its stock with the K2 stock. Fit and Finish: That's THICC One word. Borrowing from many good designs of the time, its a worthy addition to your fighting rifle collection if you can swing for two of them to ensure you have some spare parts available. I am excited to accuracy test it with 53-55 grain reloads. In 1974 a license was acquired from Colt for Daewoo Precision Industries to built the M16A1 for South Korean military use. This mount fits the Daewoo MaxII, K2, DR-200, and DR-300. I want to shoot it, I want to learn its intricacies, and I want to step on the gas. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. If yes, what source i can get the K2 stock. Special forces units had more of a need to upgrade K-series weapons with new optics and accessories, so they turned to private companies to develop add-on rail systems. http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/the-evolution-of-the-piston-operated-m16m4-rifles/, http://aftermathgunclub.com/2014/02/05/colts-1969-piston-rifle/. The company was founded on December 27, 2000 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. D: Awkward mess, hard to manipulate, heavy, a strain to use. If its not, than that is not a great solution in the design. The mud test would down any number of rifles, but I think the important point of the Daewoo is the charging handle lets you work the action to clear the malfunctions. Revenue) or per share (e.g. If I did not own one I would be looking for one. Check out Stormwerkz.com for options. S&T Daewoo (now S&T Motiv) proposed the XK8, a 5.5645mm NATO bullpup version of the K2 in early 2000. So should you feel the need to swab it out, its right there. The rifle is used, so I am unsure of the round count but the gun charges as smooth as a well-broken in AR15. Daewoo DP-51 model rubber O-rings black plastic grips & metal screws. Seller claimed it wasnt when he shipped it & UPS told me to GFM. You can pull up on the bolt catch and lock the bolt back, but its an odd design change. The thing is will you ever convert it? These arent museum pieces; rifles like the K2 were built to arm a nation and to defend her borders. Rather symbolic below the black standard. Lets score it: Accuracy: C technically this rifle would get a D for accuracy, but with an optic, I am sure it could come down to a 2.5-3 moa gun. In 1975, the XB-6 prototype with long-stroke gas piston was created, and converted into 5.5645mm NATO chambered XB-7 in 1977. Both elevation and windage are adjusted at the rear. Of the 6 designs, the XB6 was selected. Uses the AK-47 style gas system with an AR-15 derived bolt carrier and trigger group. What makes me most appreciative of the design is how solid it is. $7.00 shipping. Sidearm Sunday: Is .30 Super Carry Worth it? Prototypes XB-1 through XB-5 were akin to AR-15-series rifles with some exterior changes; designers attempted to use as many M16 components as possible to save time and money, such as the direct gas impingement operation, sights, and handguards. (3.684kg (8.12lb) vs. 3.37kg (7.4lb)). 2023 Forgotten Weapons.Site developed by Cardinal Acres Web Development. They are not trying to make everyone picture-perfect. Six different prototypes were made during the XB development. The AR15 was more accurate but the Woo is certainly acceptable and should be capable of hitting man-sized targets to extended distances. This is the rifle of the South Korean armed forces. Harper had no qualms with rifles ownership. ECOM16227603. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. F 4.1-5 MOA. Kim Campbells, if I recall correctly. The Daewoo K2, A Short History . Oh, yes, the fact that some nitwits try to make everyone picture-perfect by getting rid of all potential murder weapons. During South Korean involvement in the Vietnam War, South Korean army soldiers and marines received the more modern M16A1 assault rifle from U.S. military aid, though not enough to arm all active military personnel. Press J to jump to the feed. Got a K1A1? I say there is something wrong with the rifle you fired which also can explain your Accuracy differences, Mine is Dead-On @400yrds Smoking Hot, and the only time it has ever given me any functional probs is a few failures to completely eject (caught the empty Brass) @ 1100+ rounds without cleaning, then flip out the piston Douche it and back to shooting all day. Robust. After a dousing, the rifle returned to the semi-auto function. KaBoom; Jan 12, 2023 . Of course, you could sight it in for whatever you want But then the elevation wheel wont match your known range targets. Throw in a USED Dr-200 for parts and you should have everything you need to keep your rifle running for years. Daewoo Precision Industries K2 assault rifle is the standard service rifle of the South Korean military. Lets check it out. Your email address will not be published. 1475, Ill shut up before Ian bans me for political discussion. ), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (flint), Muzzleloading Modern & Replica Pistols (perc), United States Patent Firearms Revolvers/Pistols, Century Arms International (CAI) - Shotguns. The DR200 is your spare parts source for a converted DR-200 or K2. 2020 APEX Gun Parts. The rifle is 1:12 twist with a chrome-lined bore. It's crazy how bad inflation has affected this stuff. It uses common AR-15 mags and drums the adjustable gas system was adopted from the FNFAL and AK 47. Jan 15, 2023. The DR200 does not have that knuckle and K2 stocks are very hard to find. so for those looking for . [15][16] Exports started in 2012. -The adapter is easily installed by removing the original thumb-hole stock and bolting this adapter in its place. woo parts arent coming in, so prices will be what the will be. 4. I love my Daewoos but without parts there definitely not as attractive as they once we're. Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts by email. The shortened design was adopted as the K1A SMG in 1981 and issued to special forces, commanders, radio operators, and others who needed a short SMG-like weapon.[6]. A front sling swivel is integrated into the barrel and rotates freely from side to side this is a great feature that I wish the M16A2 had integrated below the FSB. Externally similar in appearance to the AR18, the K2 uses polymer for the forearm, pistol-grip and side-foldable buttstock. POSCO INTERNATIONAL Corp. engages in the import and export of variety of resources. Which one, Mulroneys? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Oh yea, and get rid of that seize-prone (steel on aluminum) full diameter inner fit. Its dishonored by collecting dust. Daewoo DR200 Stock Adapter Type 3. Supply & demand. No redeeming qualities as a fighting rifle. I want this rifle squared away and ready to serve any duty. This is an original K2 rifle. The bolt itself resembles that of an AR15 as it features 7 lugs with one cut away to carve a path for the fixed ejector.